Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

I have never looked forward to a new year more than now. 2011 is a new start, a new beginning, a whole new chapter for me. And I couldn't be happier and more excited about all of the changes and possibilities. Am I nervous? Scared? YEP!! Am I unsure of what's to come and what to expect? YEP!! But am I looking forward to discovering new things, learning more about myself, enjoying time with my children, and being happy? YOU BET!!

Let's give everyone a quick history review. Some of you are here wondering what in the world all of this means. I am currently separated from my husband of 10 years and will be divorced soon. Don't worry, I'm fine, I'm happy! I was in a marriage I was not happy in. I was not being my true self. He wasn't happy either. I was very good at pretending things were fine and making it look like we were the perfect little Utah County family. Well, that was not the case. And, I soon came to realize that this was not a healthy relationship for any of us.

I am ready to move forward.

So, here it is. This beautiful mess. My divorce. Life as a single mom with three kids. Entering into the dating world again. (Yikes!!) Starting a new full time job. And all of the other experiences that come along with it. And no more pretending.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure are good at pretending! What a cool idea to blog your journey. I'm proud of you for being so honest with yourself and being so brave! If you need tips on the single mom thing, let me know. . . let the chaos begin! =)

    ReplyDelete